About Being a Member:
AIA functions as a support system for North Americans living in the area, helping individuals and families identify with, and integrate into, their new environment. AIA promotes interest in, and awareness of, the lifestyle and culture of France, stimulates new friendships through shared social activities, promotes a positive image of Americans and Canadians to its French counterparts, and celebrates American and Canadian customs and holidays in a safe cultural harbor. We have approximately 150 member families.
* Student memberships are for single persons 18-24. If you are a couple or fall outside of that age range, please select a family membership.
Connect and socialize with other Americans and Canadians living in Alsace
- Attend weekly preschool children playgroups
- Join the monthly coffee morning social group
- Join our monthly happy hour and other adult social activities
- eceive our monthly newsletter with news and scheduled events
- Make connections for friendships
Discover the local lifestyle & culture
- Meet up for visits around many themes: visual art, culinary art, nature, crafts, etc.
- Share the collective knowledge gained living abroad on such issues as schooling, health care, working and daily living
Keep America in your heart
- Celebrate American customs and holidays, from July 4th, Thanksgiving and Halloween to the Superbowl
- Receive discounts to English speaking movies at local cinemas
AIA’s online message board can get your question or announcement out to most of our 400 members. There really is no better way of quickly getting connected in Strasbourg.
Become a member of AIA with an American or Canadian passport or Green Card.
AIA membership dues are only €40 per year for a family.